Cozy at Christmas Holiday Blog Tour

Cozy Christmas Home Tour

Welcome Everyone – Today I’m participating in Cozy at Christmas, it’s a three day holiday blog tour with links at the end of this post to visit as you wish.

Let me tell you a little about my home, it was a forgotten homestead when we moved in and we’ve spent the last 7 years bringing it back to life.  During that time I’ve gone through 6 pairs of boots and discovered the best part of my day is spent outdoors.

I live on a farm and my day begins with a pair of cowboy boots.  I wake up at 5 am and prepare for the day prior to the sun rising. Mornings are chilly this time of year and those boots help keep me warm.

cozy-christmas-4

When it came to decorating for Christmas this year I was super flustered.  I’ve been on this extreme downsize because we’re selling our farm and replacing it with a new adventure. Trying to decorate and sell a home at the same time feels strange because I’m reserved this time of year.

Yesterday I decided a little decorating couldn’t hurt, so I slipped on my boots and walked through the pastures collecting fresh greens like pine and cedar to bring indoors.  I placed some of those greens and pine cones in this red dish incorporating tree stocking hangers on each edge.  The glimpse of simplicity was a warm welcome which inspired my next piece.

cozy-christmas-2

My favorite display is the reason we celebrate Christmas in our home, I displayed baby Christ using vintage white milk glass, additional greens and a few other elements.   The simplistic approach was working so I continued with a few other details.

cozy-christmas-1

I enjoy cooking and during the Christmas season I like to make some of our favorite recipes.  Christmas morning begins with waffles and farm fresh eggs, it’s the best!  That cookbook “Recipe Traditions” includes recipes from family going back a few generations.

cozy-christmas-6

There won’t be a tree this year instead I made a wooden sign that’s been traveling the web since Friday.  Decorating ended when the clock struck 4 pm, it was time to put the boots back on, collect fresh eggs and make sure all the animals were set for the night.

When I finish outdoors the boots and this farmer girl were ready to call it a day.  Christmas on the farm is simple and quiet with a whole lot of country mixed in and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

cozy-christmas-5

cozy-christmas

Cozy At Christmas Blog Tour

Come see what these bloggers are doing this Christmas

Monday, December 5

Let’s Add SprinklesHyacinths for the Soul/ Southern DayDreams/

White Spray Paint/ Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson/ Ellie and Elizabeth

Tuesday, December 6

Brookhollow LaneAt Home With Jemma/ My Heart Lives Here/ The B Farm/

Botanic Bleu/ Kitty’s Kozy Kitchen/ Art and Sand/ Ash Tree Cottage

Wednesday, December 7

Sweet Nothings/ At Rivercrest Cottage/ Opulent Cottage/ Decor to Adore/

Fern Creek CottageThe Dedicated House/ Bluesky Kitchen

A Cozy Christmas Blog Home Tour

Oh my gosh. Those boots are gorgeous! I don’t know if I could pull them off but I do like them. Your baby Jesus is precious and what a great way to use milk glass. So clever. I also love the idea of a cookbook full of family recipes. Is that one from your family? It’s nice to see a little more about you here in this post. Have a great week Carole.

Hey Patti – Always love it when you stop by. (Christmas Hugs) That milk glass was my grandma’s she had an entire set but I only wanted the add on pieces. I think my sister ended up with the rest. Anyways I love it and about every other Christmas I bring it off the shelf to enjoy. Last year I used her silver which was a lot of fun but so much cleaning. LOL. Hope you have a great week too!

Oh and Patti you could completely pull off those boots – see if you all have a Cavenders around – these are twisted X my favorite because they are so comfy.

Oh and that cookbook( I’m so dense this morning )- yes it’s filled with a few family recipes from my mom and grandma and then some that I have created and collected. A few my daughter put together as well. Favorites ones I’ve also collected over the years. Some are pretty special and bring back many neat memories.

2. Katie says:

I love your Christmas tree sign. Did you make that with the stencil from Donna? It’s darling. Thanks for sharing as a part of our blog tour. I love your little baby Jesus. So sweet. Merry Christmas.

Yes I did that post went out on Friday it was so fun! You have to check it out because there were 5 other bloggers who created extreme fun!! >> http://www.gardenupgreen.com/2016/12/christmas-with-stencils-tree-farm.html

3. Hi Carole, Love your boots and your fresh and simple Christmas displays are the best. Love the baby Jesus in the milk glass. What a sweet way to showcase the reason for the season. Thank you for sharing your tour and a bit about your day on the farm. It sounds perfect. Enjoy our tour these next few days. Merry Christmas xo

Hello! I love that “Fresh and Simple” I think you’ve described my spirit for the season. We’re an empty nest now days and it just seems like everything is changing all at once and simplicity has been my focus to get through it all. Merry Christmas to you too!

4. Good morning Carole. 🙂

I love your boots and your farm Christmas thinking. Fresh greens are the best! It’s tough when you are in transition at the holidays but remembering the reason helps keep things in perspective.

Fresh Greens are the best and I’ve already changed them out once so I may have to just switch to fresh flowers and eucalyptus next. Trying to enjoy this pine though because we don’t have any at our next property. Will be interesting to see where I’ll be next year. Thanks for stopping by always nice to hear from you.

5. What charming vignettes you have created Carole! I adore your Christmas tree sign and of course, the boots are fabulous!

Those boots are so comfy and I do get quite a few compliments on them even when they’re covered in mud.

6. Jann Olson says:

Love the boots, and baby Jesus is precious!! The tree sign is perfect and best of luck with selling your farm!! Merry Christmas.
    hugs,
    Jann

Thanks and that sign was so fun to make – I enjoy stenciling and hope to do some more this week. It’s a great way to relax and enjoy the moment.

7. Cecilia says:

I love how you created simple yet meaningful vignettes- baby Jesus in the milk glass (brilliant!), the cookbook, and the boots. Definitely feels warm and cozy!

Hey Cecilia – Warm and cozy – that’s what I need right now because I’m headed back outdoors to deal with chickens. I have five ganging up on one and can’t figure out why. The milk glass was my grandmas and enjoy using it different times through out the year. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

8. Elizabeth says:

Love, Love, Love the boots and the sign! Good luck on your new adventure, I’ll be following along!

Thanks seems life is just one adventure after the other these days. It’s nice to meet you.

9. Kitty says:

Good morning, Carole! The boots are the best and are so YOU for sharing your love of the outdoors. The baby Jesus in the milk glass is such perfect simplicity and what the Christmas season is all about. Thanks for sharing your heart with us. Merry Christmas blessings to you on your farm!

Good Morning to you too – it’s a little brisk here but it keeps me moving which is good. Every farm girl needs a good pair of boots you know. Glad you enjoyed and I guess my heart had a message.. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and looking forward to your tour.

10. Sarah says:

Love those adorable green boots! You are a busy girl. I can tell you love your life. Good luck with the next adventure and happy holidays!

I do – I’m very blessed

I’m glad you decided to do some decorating even though you’re ready to move on. That will be great for showings this month, plus you get to enjoy it too!
    I love the red ceramic basket filled with greens and cones. It looks so festive and the smell must be divine!
    Thanks for sharing your holiday tour. It’s always fun to get a little peek into your home! 🙂

Yes a little felt good but was difficult to find my grove. That red ceramic is my favorite this year, i just love the simplicity and the shade is red is perfect. So will be a focal point for years to come. The smell is great one of the things I love about Pine.

12. Your home is lovely and especially love when I see boots and cowboy hats mixed in with the decor. My husband doesn’t understand why his old brown boots are part of the kitchen decor along with a few chickens, but he’s grown used to it by now. Hope you are able to sell your place soon and move on to that new adventure!

Yes I love the boots, normally when I retire a pair I plant in them. These I hope to be around for awhile because they’re so comfortable.

13. Laura says:

Carole- your day sounds wonderful to me!
    I am up early to and as a rancher/farmer’s daughter I know a little bit about how your day unfolds.
    What a wonderful life you have chosen!
    Then there are your Christmas decorations and those to die for boots!!
    Merry Christmas my Texas friend,

Laura
    White Spray Paint

It is pretty awesome even when it’s cool. I love our lifestyle it’s simply the best and has given me an appreciation to whats important.
      Merry Christmas to you too!!

14. leslie says:

I absolutely love your boots and the story behind them. I kinda can’t wait to read more of your story. Lovely decorations!

15. It can be so hard to decorate during the holidays when your home is on the market! Use fresh greens around your home is such a great way to do it! I just love your new sign too!

16. bj says:

Just adorable…I love everything you’ve done to make your home so warm for Christmas.

Hi Carole, your home looks and sounds cozy. I would love waffles and fresh eggs…yummy! Now those boots…gorgeous! I love my cowboy boots, but you’ll always find me in my Bogs when I’m outside. I’ve never found the right cowboy boots for the yard.

Originally these boots were not for outside. I purchased them as a treat from my first check writing a published freelance article. Then one day I realized I never really go anywhere much outside the farm so I decided to break them in for farm life. They’ve been the best!! Twisted X is a fantastic brand.

18. Susan says:

I have boots that are similar to yours. I don’t live on a farm (unfortunately) but I live in South Texas and I wear mine a lot! I like your simple and natural touches for Christmas. Good luck with your move and I wish you every happiness with your new adventure.

Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

Thank you – I can definitely say I’m ready to move on and the boots are coming with me.

Good Evening Dear Carole,
    I absolutely love your boots and the story that you have shared with us about the life of a farmer.
    Yes, indeed you rise with the sun to complete your chores and walk your serene property searching for the perfect clipping of greens.
    You have created a big impact with your simpler style and through it all you have embraced the true beauty, meaning and joy of the season.
    I love your Christmas vignettes!
    Hugs,

Hello Jemma,
      When Robert is home sometimes we even dance outside in our boots, enjoying farm life has been the best part of living here. Love how you get what I do. you’re awesome! I think before my son comes home though I may have to go find his Charlie Brown Christmas tree branch. We did that last year with that Red ornament and he proceeded to tell me it was the best Christmas Tree we’ve ever had. I guess we’re both simple people. But let me add I love to look at pretty things too and enjoy the festivities of the season. So I’m not a complete simplistic freak. LOL See you tomorrow looking forward to your tour because I know it will be amazing! Hugs!!

20. Carol Lander says:

Carole, I love your boots and what they represent. I have this romanticized idea of that it would be like to live on a farm – or at least in a really cool farmhouse. I love how you used real greenery in your red basket and in the baby Jesus bowl. All that is needed to make a home (or farm) ready for Christmas.

Farm life where animals roam in pastures is fantastic but the thing is you never have a day off and just when you think you’re caught up then something else needs to be done. With that being said I love it because it keeps me active and thankful. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

21. Botanic Bleu says:

Carole,
    Love your cowgirl boots… And your fresh greens collected from your property. Glad to hear your tree farm sign is traveling the internet… 😀 It is the perfect replacement for a tree this year.

Joyeux Noël,
    Judith

Hello Judith – yes the fresh greens are a must even when you have to replace them. That sign was fun and I’m headed to the workshop for some additional sign making this week. It’s so much fun!

22. Love your Christ child. What a fun approach to Christmas decorating!

23. Carol L Cook says:

My favorite line in your post is – “Christmas on the farm is simple and quiet with a whole lot of country mixed in and I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

That’s the way I feel about the way our family does Christmas.

Thanks, It’s so true our season is very quiet and a nice time to not get caught up in the busy side of things.

24. The boots and the sign are divine! Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse