DIY Coca Cola Bottle Opener

Coca Cola is the drink of choice in our home brought to you by Robert West.  There’s something enjoyable about the taste of lime as it fizzles to the top and refreshes.  For the last 20 some years I take the time to enjoy an iced cold Coca Cola especially when it’s blistering hot outside. It could even be said that I like to have a few Coca Cola gadgets on display in the kitchen.

I decided to put together a little challenge with some blog friends to see if others had the same enjoyment for this tasty goodness that can also inspire creativity.

Make your own Coca Cola Bottle Opener in minutes

I made this Coca Cola bottle opener for Robert because I know there will be work days at the new property where an ice cold Mexican coke (made with real sugar cane) will be his grab to go drink.  This project is so simple and it came together after a little shopping trip at Hobby Lobby.

Supplies From Hobby Lobby and Hardware Store

• Unstained board
  • Mason Jar (any jar with a rim would work)
  • Coca Cola Bottle Opener
  • Three Screws and a bolt
  • Wood Stain
  • A drill and screw driver is also necessary

Staining the Wood

This project came together at different times beginning with staining the wood first.  I used Minwax natural oak stain by applying with a rag.  This was so easy and I made sure to let it dry overnight.

Adding the Jar

• Mark the metal rim on the back with a pen because we’re going to drill a hole so it’s easy to attach it to the board.
  • Then drill a pilot hole at the center of the board.
  • Attach the rim using a screw, and take a bolt so it comes between the wood/rim and connect with a screw driver.

The bolt allows the jar to lay against the wood so it’s flat and once the rim is attached you can screw the jar in place. This step is a little tedious but it’s also super easy.

Attach the Bottle Opener

This bottle opener piece from Hobby Lobby; it comes attaches to the base so the first thing is to remove those screws.  Then drill two pilot holes into the wood and attach the red base and opener at the same time to the wood using a screw driver.

Finishing Touches

There is also another hole at the top of that red base.  This can be used to attach the entire project to the wall with a screw so it’s secure, just remember to drill a pilot hole first prior to connecting.  Wasn’t that easy?  Seriously I think it took me longer to take the photos than it did to actually make this project.

When we finally move onto our new property I think this Bottle opener will be placed in our workshop right next to a little fridge that will be filled with good old, Mexican coke… because Coca Cola made from real sugar cane is simply the best.

Make your own Coca Cola Bottle Opener in minutes

Step over and see these Ideas inspired by Coca Cola

Little Green Farmhouse

Grit Antiques

To Work With My Hands

Farmhouse 40

DIY Coca Cola Ideas for the Home or Garden

What a cute idea. Love the way the mason jar catches the bottle caps. Now you can save them for another project.

Thank you gosh I didn’t even think about using those caps for future projects. You’re such a smart lady!! We picked out our shed the other day and this will be displayed in our office probably next to a little mini coke fridge that I’m trying to track down. Life is all about fun- right?

Well, this is just so creative and useful! This Coca Cola Bottle opener would be a great addition to everyone’s backyard, patio, and I am even thinking how cute it would be on a tree. It is also very friendly for the environment:)

Thank you it was fun and so easy to put together. I made this for Robert you should have seen us in Hobby Lobby picking stuff out.. I’m always amazed at all the stuff stashed away in that place. A great store for inspiration.

3. BonBon says:

Oh I love this idea and it would be perfect out by our frig in the barn. Great job!

I love this fun idea of having an opener fastened somewhere in the house. The part I like best…pause and refresh! When you mention taking the time to have a cold drink…I could feel that…so wonderful about your writing. It is a blessing nowadays to still take the time for simple pleasures and to allow ourselves the time to sit, enjoy that cold soda and be in amongst nature like your farm.

Yes Pause and refresh got me too.. really says it all. What kind words and yes taking that time to enjoy a cold drink is simply the best… Thanks for stopping by enjoyed your comment!!

I was thinking along the same lines as Patti…Hmmm…what could you do with all those bottle caps later? 🙂
    This is so nice, Carole, and I think I’ll copy your project for my son and daughter-in-law, who also has a Coca-Cola themed kitchen!

Thanks for the invitation. This was another fun project and I love your creativity in designing these challenges! Hope you’re day is awesome!

Yes those bottle caps I just overlooked but I may have to see what I can come up with for later. I think I’m a little overdosed on projects at the moment so scaling back a little for awhile. Send me pictures of your version would love to see it and I’d even share it on this post.. You’re welcome for the invite I thought you would have fun with this.

6. Jennifer says:

What a creative idea, Carole! So cute and I would never have thought to attach a jar for the caps. So resourceful! Thanks for inviting me to join the challenge.

Jennifer

You’re welcome Jennifer – I’m glad you joined us. Robert drinks coke in the cans too so I’m going to have to make some of those flowers you created.

7. You come up with the cutest ideas! I might do this for my hubby. He always pop a cap when he’s in bbqing mode.

Well thank you – I do enjoying putting things together and can hardly wait to enjoy this one.

8. Donna Harvey says:

This is Perfect!
    We have a Coca Cola Room. It’s filled with everything Coca Cola, I am missing a Bottle Opener though. I love how you attached the Mason Jar for the Caps. I do have a use for them too, to decorate my Coca Cola Christmas Tree. Double thanks for the ideas, Donna

Hello Donna – A Coke Christmas tree sounds like fun! This was fun and since making this I’ve seen some neat vintage coke openers in antique stores. I like this project too just kind of fits our lifestyle.