Back in January I found myself going through scrap booking paper. I had a lot so I decided to make some wall art and later extended the idea to this Valentines card.
This was a fun simple project that really came together in a matter of minutes.
If you scrap book or make cards then you probably have most of the supplies around the house, if not you can always improvise or make a trip to the craft store.
- Tacky Glue – Dries clear -what a blessing!
- String, can be any kind, I used packing string; yarn would also work
- Scrapbook paper
- Blank card and envelope
Creating a Design
Lightly draw your design on the card using a pencil.
I went with a heart because Valentines is just around the corner and I’m making this for Robert.
Once the design is established, outline with the glue, then attach your string and let it dry.
Cutting the Paper
- Cut pretty paper into small pieces, they can be any shape you prefer.
- Add each piece to the card with glue one at a time until the card is completely covered.
- This can be time consuming so you might want to sit down and watch a hallmark movie while you’re creating.
- Once the card is finished let it air dry while it’s open flat.
The fun part of this project is to pick the person who’s going to receive it. My husband was the receiver of this card and he loved it.
Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!