Mobile Quail Coop

I recently built the mobile quail coop for those looking to raise quail in their backyard or homestead on a small scale.

This coop offers a natural environment for quail to live protected on the ground.

When I started raising quail last year I used a coop very similar to this and really liked it.

After making a few modifications I found this to be a great option for those with limited space.  The modifications make it easier to move because it’s lighter an quite frankly more attractive.

Additional information for this coop can be viewed in the video; this is an introduction to the Mobile Quail Coop.

You’ll learn how it works so you can raise quail naturally on the ground.

Building Instructions

Building instructions have been moved to my Quail book.  This project can be built in an afternoon or weekend all you need is a power saw, drill, staple gun and a few basic hand tools.

Quail Getting Started is a beginner’s guide for those looking to raise quail on the ground.  I wrote this book from my own experience because raising quail on the ground is where the enjoyment begins.

Raising quail on the ground with mobile coops for the backyard is awesome and you can build your own right here. #QuailCoop, #MobileQuailCoop, #Homestead

1. daisy g says:

Another resourceful post! You are so talented!

1. Thank you! I'm pretty excited about this project. I will also be adding it to my quail book later this week.
      -Carole

This is fabulous and I ❤️ the video!
    One day…
    Thanks for sharing.

1. Thanks Karen, That video inspired me to start walking again so that's a positive thing, two miles a day in between rain lately. -Carole

3. Arrika says:

Hi, just wondering how many quail this coop would fit? Thank you! Im absolutely in lo ve with your site!

Glad you’re enjoying the site… It’s one quail per square foot in any set up.

4. Dan says:

I just hatched my first quail (15 ). I like this for my small backyard…question: How do you move it without injuring the quail?

Great question Dan – When I used this set up I fed the quail in the morning and evening and they free ranged the rest of the day. So I put the food at one end of the coop then moved it while they were eating by sliding forward. The birds didn’t even know what what going on.