Molly Green Magazine Fall 2016

Earlier this year my first freelance article was published.

It wasn’t until this recent published article in Molly Green Magazine that I decided it would be fun to share little announcements here on the blog when they hit print.

This magazine is a favorite and put together with such care and detail.   I simply love it and really wish it was in print while I was homeschooling our kids, we would have all enjoyed it together.

It covers four categories of life at home; my article Homeschooling with Quail went in category #3.

• Homesteading
  • Homekeeping
  • Homeschooling
  • Homeindustry

I rarely speak of my homeschooling days anymore but with this article it just seemed like a fun way to share an opportunity that sometimes can be overlooked.

There are many perks to homeschooling but the beauty is creating a schedule that works for your lifestyle.  Many projects can be incorporated as a family which can also create neat memories.

This published article, Homeschooling with Quail” places an emphasis on raising bobwhite quail as a family.

Discover this article on page 66 where I mention how to acquire native quail, brooder supplies, moving quail outdoors and raising for the purpose of meat and eggs.

Take a moment to check out this awesome magazine, it’s a seasonal publication and very informative throughout each category.

1. Lori says:

Congratulations! I’ll have to look for the magazine.
    ~ Lori from LL Farm

1. Thanks – it’s fun and that’s a really neat magazine..

2. nature gurl says:

Congratulations, Carole! It’s so exciting to be published, isn’t it? You’ve helped so many with your informative articles.

1. Yes it is exciting- think I was most excited about the one in Grit Mag about Direct Composting. It was neat to be able to share how I learned that to a new audience. I received many neat messages.

3. Celestina Marie says:

Hi Carole, Congrats on your feature. So excited for you!! Enjoy the glow!!! Have a great week. xo

4. Jeanette Cott says:

Hi Carole. I found you online a few years ago. I enjoyed reading about your loofas and llamas. I enjoyed your blog because my husband is a Navy veteran, i wanted a farm, and i was obsessed with everything Texas while living in Nevada. Finally, we’re living in Greenville, TX and looking at acreage to buy. We’re getting closer to our dreams. I am going to enjoy reading Garden Up Green and all of your other published articles. Molly Green looks like a fun read, even if I don’t homeschool.

1. Well welcome to Texas – you must have read the blog I wrote previously? West Family Farm? We’re actually getting ready to sell this farm as we just closed on new land a couple weeks ago. We’re excited about this new venture. Since your in Greenville we should do lunch some time, would be fun to meet. Enjoy this magazine – it’s a fun one and the section on homeschooling is neat even if you don’t do it. You’ll enjoy the entire magazine.

1. Jeanette Cott says:

Lunch sounds like a lot of fun. Let me know when a good time would be.

5. Jane Peet says:

Hi Carole, how wonderful to be published! I hope you celebrate every time!

1. It is fun and I do a little happy dance on the day it arrives in the mail.. I’m currently most excited about this new book I’m working on. I think the neatest thing is when my husband goes into a store and says to himself, “My wife has an article in this magazine.” He says it’s a neat thing…

6. AnnMarie Irace says:

So exciting to be published! Congratulations!