Reclaimed She Shed Greenhouse

Reclaimed She Shed

This fun shed caught my attention the minute we arrived at Box Ranch RV Park  about  2 weeks ago.  We’re currently staying here while we get our space ready at Quail Grove.  It’s been a nice change of pace and the lake is just down the road.

Across the street you’ll find John’s Creek Lodge; that place is full of charm and where I’ve been admiring this reclaimed she shed. After about the second week I decided to sneak over take a few pictures so I could share this building with y’all because it’s adorable, full of character and I thought it may inspire some of you gardeners.

Every detail surrounding the shed tells a story of its own and the atmosphere is perfect for puttering away an afternoon potting plants.

I made sure Robert was with me because later when life slows down I’d love for him to build something similar for me.

Back side of She Shed with Top open Window

During my picture taking I met the owner, a wonderful lady who seemed taken that I was interested in her shed.  We had a nice visit and appeared delighted I’d be sharing her treasure on the blog.

What’s really neat is she also shared some details that I’ll unfold about this custom build made by her husband, Bobbie.  He used wooden reclaimed windows for the walls and added a tin roof so this shed can also work as a greenhouse.  Simply brilliant!

Reclaimed cedar fence boards were used on the back wall and check out the window up top, it’s perfect for ventilation during the summer months when temperatures are out of control.

Interior of She Shed

Inside is where she has friendly cats that come and go between meal time and add a special character appeal.  It just happened to be feeding time when I arrived and they weren’t too sure about me taking pictures.

I love this counter top and the “Welcome to the Garden” sign is perfection.  Check out the drawer knobs each one is unique and I love those colored bottles.

Interior Potting Table

On the opposite wall, there is another potting table, an area that’s perfect for starting plants by seed.  Oh, and look at the watering can, don’t you love the green stencil?  It’s simple, pretty and every garden shed needs a watering can.

Details of the She Shed

My favorite detail is the rod iron transom window.  The twist and turn details add a level of character that pulls everything together.  They leave it open during the Spring – Fall and in the winter, they cover the back with plexiglass to help keep the space warm.

She also mentioned at times heat lamps are added to keep things warm if it gets below freezing.  Everything about this reclaimed shed is perfection and the best part is it can also be used as a greenhouse.

If you’ve been dreaming of a fun shed with character this piece is here to inspire your effort because I have to say it caught my attention and now I’m on the hunt for some old windows.

If you’re in Texas and Looking for a fun place to get away check out  John’s Creek Lodge here.  Some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet are located in Delta County…

Styled Reclaimed Shed Shed with Greenhouse Perks

1. Carla from Kansas says:

Absolutely adorable Carole.

I agree – Super cute!

Oh my what gorgeousness this she shed is! I love every bit of it, even the cats. That transom, the reclaimed windows….It’s all so fabulous. I want!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful bit of I candy for us to enjoy today.

There were several cat images but this one was my favorite because he just kind of looked at me like. “I’m eating here…” I love it and really inspired me from the day we arrived.

What a great space. My favorite detail is the grates on the potting shed bench. What a perfect solution having the soil underneath, so nothing goes to waste and clean-up is easy. Did they repurpose those grates from something else? They look similar to the wire shelves we have in the garage that come apart.
    Love their creativity.

Yes they did but I can’t remember what it was the entire thing tells a story and I agree that table is awesome!

4. jaywalk says:

absolutely adore this … i’ve had some very old windows that i’ve been carefully “hiding” in the dark recesses of the garage in high hopes of someday doing just this. now that i’ve seen this adorable shed i can see mine come spring actually coming together. thanks for sharing. glad you are safe.

That sounds awesome and I’ve decided it’s time for me to begin hunting down old windows too. Would love to see a picture of your shed when you finished…

5. Michelle says:

Are you sure you didn’t die and go to heaven? That’s adorable! Thanks to you, and the owner, for sharing. A She Shed like that is on my wish list, so my husband will be seeing this. He thanks you, too, I’m sure!

I know it’s simply awesome and I took more pictures but didn’t want to overload this post. It’s an easy build a frame base with an open ground concept then fill in the walls and roof. I love and so glad you enjoyed!

I adore her shed! Perfect timing. Carole. My hubby has been gathering windows etc to make a greenhouse…you know when we find the time…Lol! Anyways I’ll pin this for later, thank you so much!

Hope all is well with you, xo

Me too – it’s perfection and I bet you have a wonderful collection of windows to make this happen, not to mention all the other neat goodies. I’m thinking an old time chicken nesting box would be neat to place tools and such. Things are good here and we finally closed on the farm so we’re getting our spot ready and hope to be moved in a couple weeks from now. Excited!!

7. What a beauty! I would have LOVED to take that tour! But I may have had to steal the entire thing right after… goodness!

I’m featuring this on DIY Salvaged Junk Projects this weekend. Thanks for linking up!