Capper’s Farmer DIY Mobile Craft Cart

It’s Fall and I’ve got an article in the new Capper’s Farmer Magazine.

This article came together last winter when I was looking for a unique way to organize craft supplies.  A mobile craft cart seemed like a great solution and when it was finished I decided to freelance the project instead of sharing it on the blog.

The cart was a great solution for storing supplies, stencils and paint; I remember editor Traci Smith saying she could use about three of these for different things.  I couldn’t agree more and we even made another one to store some tools.

Craft Cart Diy Project

This project is sweet and easy build, so if you’re looking to get organized it might be one to check out.

The design allowed me to incorporate some items I already had which was another bonus. Between reclaimed wood, crates and baskets I had a mobile cart that was ready to roll in an afternoon.

Who knows you may have some scrap lumber around the woodshed right now that would be perfect to make a handy cart like this?

Another perk was to make sure it was mobile because I wanted to access it from both sides.

Capper's Farmer Magazine DIy Craft Cart

This magazine is in newsstands now and it’s filled with all sorts of great articles.  Find it at Walmart, Dollar General, Barnes n Noble, and Tractor Supply as they normally carry Capper’s Farmer.

A few months ago, I decided to take a step back from freelance writing so this will be my last printed article for a while and maybe for good, who knows?

Sometimes you just can’t be all over the place and I’ve decided to focus on my blog and my own writing for now. It’s better to center my efforts on y’all and perhaps later I may pick it up again, we’ll see.

I hope you’ve enjoyed the journey as much as I have, it’s been a lot of fun to see my work in magazines.  But I’ve also found once you reach a goal sometimes you have to set it aside so you can reach the next one.

We're Helping Others Do More

What a cool project and you are a great writer so I’m not surprised that many magazine editors enjoy your ease of writing and detail instructions. Sorry to hear about Dixie. As I’m sure you will hear from near and far, we had this happen to our beloved cat Sweetie last year. I still miss her dearly but have decided not to get another pet as I’m a worrier and just don’t want to take on that responsibility now. It seems like there comes a time when you just have to make a choice a be okay with it.

Thank Patti on all counts. The Dixie thing is hard and I agree with that last statement. Just taking it one day at a time right now and praying for guidance. Thanks for sharing it helps…

2. Christine says:

I am so darn proud of you! It’s definitely not easy being a freelance writer no matter what genre you write. It takes up a lot of your time so I totally understand you taking a break from it. As for your latest article thank you for sharing where I can pick up the magazine! I’ll have a copy to read by tonight you can be sure! I need all the help I can get when it comes to organizing. 🙂 And Dixie-oh my goodness I could just cry. I’m so glad she is with a mommy and daddy like you and Robert who will spoil her rotten and make sure she enjoys each and every moment. My thoughts and prayers are with you every day during this difficult time.

CD you are so sweet. Dixie and I had planned to go to the lake today but it rained so I guess that will happen tomorrow. Anyways yes we are spoiling her and focusing on the good times we’ve had because there are so many. She’s been a blessing to our family in many ways.

That’s a fun project with so many more possibilities, you can even add shelves in the middle part. Enjoy!

3. Penny says:

What a great idea, love it 😍 and it is a wonderful feeling, and a sense of accomplishment to see your own articles in print 😊
    You should be very proud of your wonderful achievements, and we all are so lucky to have you dedicate yourself to your blog (us lucky people) at this time. Thankyou 😊😊😊 My heart sunk to my toes, when I read about Dixie’s health, my goodness, my dog is a child to me, and I feel for you both. Dixie will love her outings, and all the love and care in the world you are giving her in this time of her life. My Love to Dixie xoxo

I do love that project – something about being organized just makes me more productive or at least that’s what I keep telling myself.

“Heart sinking to toes.” Perfect description of how I felt when we got the news. Dixie had a rough day yesterday so I’m pretty sure that was our last trip to the lake. Getting in and out of the SUV is difficult and she refuses to use a ramp or have help, at least she got to go a couple more times and while she was in the water she was very happy.

Our creek is full here and she loves that. I’m monitoring her daily and she’s on pain meds which helps. It’s just really hard to watch a dog’s body decline when their spirit is still strong. Thank you for your kind words you’re so sweet to take the time to share. I meant a lot. 🙂