3 Steps to Simplify Spring Gardening

Simplify The Spring Garden into three steps

Did you know Spring gardening is just around the corner?  As a matter of fact, I found a countdown clock online right here.

I’m using this link to get through winter because this is my least favorite time of year.

Spring however can be overwhelming and over the years I’ve been known to get stunned when February arrives especially when we lived on our farm because there was always so much to do.

This is when I realized it was necessary to crack down my garden activity into seasons.

Before doing this,I really had to understand each season.  Then organize, simplify those tasks and implement.

So, for Spring I divided everything into three categories and it was a true game changer.

Spring Gardening Simple Steps

The thing is Spring is probably the most exciting season ever because everything outdoors begins to wake up.

It’s almost magical if you take the time to enjoy the transition.

In some parts of the country temperatures can still be pretty cool but for the most part there’s this energy that swifts through the air and if you’re like me you want to grab a hold of it.   Especially if winter was less than pleasant…

Right now, Winter is less than pleasant because it continues to rain…

Early Spring Planting

I’m a believer it’s never too early to begin planning for spring, especially during the winter months.

Over time I accepted to be successful I needed to simplify my activity which brings me to my three steps to organize Spring Gardening.

They range from early spring, to the weeks before and after the last freeze.

I just kind of took it for granted that most everybody else was doing this same thing but come to find out that’s not the case.So, I put together a printable that identifies those three areas in detail. You can get it in our Resource Library when you subscribe to our Newsletter here.

My goal this year is to help you have a successful gardening experience, beginning with Spring!  Helping you reach your target destination, whatever they may be is just part of the journey.

So let’s plan ahead and get a jump start by learning how you can optimize your efforts and organize Spring gardening with three simple steps.

If you have any specific goals you’d like to share then please share in the comments because I’d love to hear how I may help.

Simplify the Spring Garden into three steps that are easy to implement#SpringGarden, #GardenTips

I love that countdown link! Unfortunately it says 75 days for me. However, I know it will be here before I know it. Winter is also my least favorite season too. I’m good through the holidays but once January comes around it’s tough to get moving again. Sometimes we get snow in mid-April! We also sometimes get warm weather in February so it’s a real crapshoot. Thinking about the spring garden is a wonderful idea!

Glad you like that link – I thought it was pretty neat too. Lately our weather has been a crapshoot as well. We went from wet to soggy ground and it’s going to take a good month with no rain for this place to dry out. So thinking about spring now is helping me cope. I told Robert net year we’re going somewhere warm for the month of January…

It always helps to break things down into manageable steps. Sounds like you’ve found a great solution to your spring fever!

It’s raining here too. Almost daily. I think we need more rain barrels!

Enjoy your weekend!

The rain has been unreal and from someone who grew up in Washington State I know rain. I think we’ve decided when the creek dries out probably summer we’ll dig a deep pond because you can’t even imagine the amount of water that flows through that creek. I collect water but never realized we would ever get this much rain.

3. laura says:

Hi Carole, Great suggestions. It feels like Denver has not had much of a winter.
    PS I love your photo ! You are so pretty! And, I love your hair! xo laura

Thanks Laura – Enjoy that mild winter, when we lived up that way I never really dreaded the winters like I do now. I guess it’s because I was busy with the kids back then now days I just want to be outdoors.

4. Christine says:

The weather here in Minnesota has been strange so far this winter. One minute it’s in the teens and the next we have a sultry 40 degrees! We’ve had a lot of rain too this year, and then it freezes. I am so looking forward to Spring! I love your idea of simplifying your to do lists by separating them into manageable steps. Sometimes just writing the list can be overwhelming, but keeping it simple will definitely take a lot of the stress out! Your printables look amazing (may I inquire what format you use?) and I’ll definitely be downloading them as I need all the help I can get!

Seems a lot of folks are getting a lot of rain, my raised beds are so water logged that my fall garden is kind of just looking at me saying… “Make it stop” Yep – simple is best because things don’t need to be overwhelming, life is complicated enough just by itself. Have a great weekend!

5. Yes, the rain has been insane! We’re spending our winter cleaning up everything- we have lots of brush, vines, and weeds to rip out. I cannot wait to have the beds ready for spring planting!

Yes that clean up never seems to end.

6. Robin says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! As always, you have made my life easier!

7. addy says:

Great tips especially for novice gardeners!! Preparing early enough makes spring gardening enjoyable and more productive.