Reality struck and instincts won, the quail are now living on the ground full time because they just were not interesting in my original idea that I was trying to recycle.
Check out my first option here, this was pretty neat but they never wanted to be on that second floor all the time.
Their behavior led me to a new set up.
It’s actually a coop that I used for chicks at one time so with a few easy modifications we were back on track.
In addition to a few modifications, I thought it would also be fun to share additional coop ideas from other quail owners.
These styles are a different concept focused less on natural environments.
- Roof and side walls on end – allows protection from bad weather.
- Back end door so I can add new bedding.
- Roof door so I can easily add food and water (both doors allow gathering birds when needed)
- Cedar boards to keep new babies from escaping.
- A fresh coat of paint.
Other Quail Coop Ideas
- Above Ground style from Out of Eden Quail Coop
- Off the Ground style from Best Coops Quail
- Walk in Style from The Garden Coop
- Off the ground style with nesting boxes Rose Shadow Ranch